6.07.2013

Until we meet again...

John Adam Orris, Jr.  
My hero.  My constant.  My rock.  My mentor.  My dad.


October 3, 1949- June 4, 2013

I stand upon the ocean shore as a ship at my side opens its sail to the morning breeze and begins to glide across the blue water.  It reaches the horizon and someone at my side says, "It's gone."  Gone where?  Gone from my sight, that is all.  It is just as large now as when I last saw it.  It's diminished size and total loss from my sight is in me, not in it.  And just at that moment, when someone at my side says it is gone, there are others watching it coming over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout--"There it comes!"

I'm sure I'll have more to say in the days to come.  For now, I will reflect, weep, rejoice and accept the love and support showering down upon my family during this difficult time.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)