6.20.2013

Finding Joy

Hello dear friends,

I think of you often and have much to share.  As expected, most of my days are filled with "How can he be gone?" thoughts.  My father always had a larger than life presence, so I imagine I'll be struggling with his loss for quite awhile.  My friend, Karlene, shared this quote with me from one of my favorite authors:

"You will someday lose someone you can't live without and your heart will be badly broken. The bad news is that you never completely get over the loss of your beloved, But this is also the good news, They will live forever in your broken heart, that doesn't quite seal back up. And you come through it. Its like having a broken leg that never heals properly-that still hurts when it gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp." Anne Lamont

(This reminds me, I must tell you, I did not write the previous quote about a ship... It was from an unknown source and I should have known better than to post it without the disclaimer that it was not my own :)


In other news, there is a lot of joy happening too.  The prolonged visit with my sister is therapeutic and awesome.  I love having her just a short path away.  I fall deeper in love with my niece everyday...she's just as awesome as I thought she would be.

In case you don't believe that the Orris/Krumich/Kasch/Kosker families can find joy amidst such sorrow... here is some proof:

featured in these photos:  Hazel & Heidi Kosker, my niece- Annaliese Kasch, Annie's dog- Butch Cassidy, my 2nd cousin -Izzy and my mom- super Grandma.


P.S.  I never realized how much the simple, heart-felt gestures mean when someone is grieving.  The sympathy cards, meals, gifts, emails, texts, posts, etc are so truly appreciated.  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. The girls look like they are having so much fun in together!! I love that quote. Great prospective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the sprinkler picture!!! You captured it perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)