Ok crankypants, see if this makes you crack a smile. Here's a BEFORE photo:
|he's mine, all mine ;) (he was so excited to have a decluttered kitchen that he just HAD to pose. He puts the WILD into my IDLE!)|
So, here she is!
WAIT... YOU'RE STILL NOT HAPPY WITH MY REVEAL? Argh...tough crowd!
I'll provide more details with the true reveal. For now, what do you think about the window? The wood trim matches every other window in the house, but I keep thinking that the trim needs to be white. Slippery slope 'cause I REFUSE (mark my words) to repaint all the trim in the house :)
My two favorite changes (today) weren't captured in the above photo (which was taken last week by me mama who promptly sent them off to my impatient sister). What am I referring to? TWO WORDS: STRIPES & ANTLERS. I know, your mind is imploding wondering what I've added stripes to and if I've really sunk so low as to decorate with antlers!?*#$!? Oh yes my friends, oh yes!
Yet to do:
- Make pine trim to edge entire ceiling.
- Put trim molding up.
- Paint refrigerator (hello CHALKBOARD!)
- Add pendant lights above peninsula.
- Make pendant lamp shades out of garbage (for reals... I have a vision).
- Add towel rack.
- Paint short wall that hides the pantry.
- Keep up the stamina and paint the hallway which runs alongside the kitchen. It has been spotted with spackle for the past two years when I repainted the rest of the house and quit before I finished.
- Add a clock. Now that the microwave has been moved (it used to be on the counter. We sprung for an electrician and had it moved to the pantry!), we can't see a clock from many areas in our living space. This is problematic for someone who is semi-obsessive about time... especially since this person's watch battery quit a year ago and she keeps forgetting to deal with it... especially since this person constantly looses her cell phone ('cause who even wears watches these days?)...
- LONG RANGE: Add white farmhouse single basin sink.
- LONG RANGE: New countertops (I'm not digging the grey with the current faux-butcher block. Fortunately, my current countertops have some major problem areas and must be replaced anyway!)
So, there she is, lighter & brighter. Fresh & functional. Now, off to look for more yellow accents :)