11.01.2012

Leap of faith :: a new journey for me

This past summer, I had quite a few worries about my family, our nutrition  my time, our finances (among others... it was a tough summer).  I took these concerns to the web and kept coming back to one particular website.  Your Own Home Store simply spoke to me.  It's written by a woman who puts her family first and that means providing healthy food & balanced meals all while running her own business.

That website is built around a particular brand of food and survival gear.  Now, I consider myself kind of an expert on food and backpacking gear... I'm out right snobby.  So, I simply read, clicked around, commented/questioned & considered it.  OF COURSE, there is no one local who sells this product and I am way too practical/ skeptical to buy without first tasting, feeling and seeing.  Finally, I contacted Misty (the woman who runs Your Own Home Store) and she generously sent me free samples!

Long story short... my summer blew up on me (hubby mono, me mono, sick father, dying grandfather) and the box of samples sat unopened in my pantry.  UNTIL life began to level out and we planned a camping trip with friends.

"Hmm...", I thought... "camping would be the perfect time to try that freeze dried food!"

Not-so-short-story continues:  I cooked the food.  The food critics I was camping with loved it.  I came home and decided not to just BUY MORE FOOD, I decided to BECOME A CONSULTANT.

No one is more surprised than me.  I want everyone to save their money. I don't want you to go shopping or buy frills.  I am not a natural sales woman.  However...

I DO want everyone to eat healthier.  I want us to get balanced dinners on the table in 1/2 the time.  I don't want us eating food that has been chemically enhanced to travel long distances.  I don't want us throwing away a huge percentage of our fresh produce each week because it turned to slime.  I don't want us to spend sleepless nights worrying that a storm is going to cut the electricity and we're going to loose all the food in their freezers (or was that just me during Hurricane Sandy's downpours and winds?).

So...here I am.  Here WE are!  I'm just starting this journey and I will be sharing it with you.

But you don't have to take my word for it:

Yesterday, my first shipment of food arrived!  I was SO excited!

I didn't want to be interrupted, so I plopped Heidi into her high chair (with her coat still on!) and gave her a HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE.

Then I began to open cans and taste.

AFTER ONE BITE OF FREEZE DRIED BANANA SLICES, Heidi threw her cookie down and grabbed the can!  "More crackers pees" said my little 19-month-old.

TO SUM IT UP:  Heidi preferred eating pure banana (with ALL the same nutrition as fresh) over a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie.


If I've piqued your interest, please HOST A COOKING DEMONSTRATION/ TASTE TESTING.

Perhaps, like me, you need to sample something on your own first... might I suggest one of our favorite snacks (we like them freeze dried, but they re hydrate in minutes if you like them "fresh"):
 Freeze Dried Banana Slices!  (click on the picture to buy from my store)
Try the pantry size can for $11.39 (13 servings)

Freeze Dried Strawberry Slices! (click on the picture to buy from my store)
Try the pantry size can for $9.89 (14 servings)

*Host a party for deeper discounts and hundreds of dollars of free & 1/2 off product!  I am willing to travel within a 2-hour radius of Venango County, PA.  If you live farther, I can send you the materials to host a long-distance party :)


2 comments:

  1. I kinda love this! First, the food is reasonably priced, which is great. Second, I secretly want to have a stash of food somewhere, call me crazy, but I think it makes me feel more secure.

    I don't know if I"ll be hosting a party anytime soon... but I might be ordering some food in the future to stock our pantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe you me... Miss Healthy... you were already on my "hit" list of potential customers ;)

      Delete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)