9.17.2012

Early Warning Signs of Future Rock Climbers

I'd like to say "don't try this at home", but as you will soon see... this is what is happening at MY home.  I fear/ anticipate/ excitedly await that this is JUST THE BEGINNING (in fact, I don't have pictures of what these 1.5 & 3 year old girls yesterday with a tree stand... and we're heading to the site of some of the best rock climbing on the east coast in a few short weeks.  Oh my... )

STEP 1:  Acclimate your children to heights at a very early age

Crater Lake vacation 025
2 month old Hazel camping at Crater Lake National Park


18 month old Heidi at Lake Arthur in Moraine State Park

STEP 2:  Buy the tiniest body harness you can find for your toddler 
3 year old Hazel's first "ascent" up to the balcony.  She is FEARLESS! 

STEP 3:  Improvise a baby harness 'cause your wee one insists on joining in on the fun!
18 month old Heidi LOVES to climb, dangle & defy.  She LOVED hovering over the ground (just a few feet, of course)

And that my friends is what you get when you choose to breed with Jake Kosker.  Can't say that I didn't have plenty of warning :)

2 comments:

  1. haha, that looks crazy and fun! I'm not actually surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to realize that this is taking place INSIDE your house! I read it on my phone first and didn't pay much attention to the details. They look like naturals!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)