6.27.2012

neurons firing

Last night while reading "Goodnight Moon", Hazel correctly identified a "full moon" and a "crescent moon".   She also noted that the doll house didn't have a door knob.  Full on genius, right?  Of course, as she was telling me how you have to have TWO mittens and TWO socks, she let it slip that she had no idea where one would actually wear mittens.

As parents, I figure we've earned an A for encouraging out-of-the-box creativity (noticing the missing door knob) and an A+ for teaching her advanced things like phases of the moon.  However, we're at a C average for obvious things like telling her what the contraptions we put on her hands a thousand times a day in the winter are called ;)

As for Heidi, if you listen very carefully, you'll discover that she's really talking.  "Shoes", "Eye", "Nose", "Mou... (th)".  I tend to rush through the day, throwing cheerios her way and giving kisses anytime she ambles near me.  Yesterday, I was shocked when I slowed down and realized that she was pointing (with her feet) to my facial features and naming them!

My girls thoroughly enjoying our weekly campfire meals!

As for me, I'm trying to get back into the writing zone.  Having a loved one fighting such a horrific disease makes it hard for my neurons to fire at all.  In fact, I prefer keeping those neurons dull so that I don't start thinking too hard.  However, my dad is doing AMAZING.  So far, it seems his luck has changed and he's leaning towards the best case scenario regarding chemo effects.  He's now off chemo for a week and may or may not need another 5 days of the stuff.  After that, good bye diseased white blood cells, HELLO HEALING.

Though that last sentence is totally possible, I am begging you for constant prayers.  We believe in the power of prayer and need it regardless of the path his disease takes.  (if you happen to not believe in prayer, well knock it off.  I have no patience for that.  There is a God and he's waiting for you to get over yourself and allow him in.)


May the odds be ever in your favor,
Julie

7 comments:

  1. When you have time, I'm coming up for a campfire meal and to see those beautiful babies of yours! And call when/if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, we are praying for your Dad and all of you daily! I know how scary it can be...prayers, prayers, prayers, and lots of love to you! <3

    Also, your girls are gorgeous...and they look so much like your Dad it's unreal. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really sweet, funny, and wonderful post. We too have been praying for your Dad and family. I think he will read this post and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet girl, I've been gone and out of the blog loop! I really detest disease. But I love Jesus and know the power of prayer WORKS in His way. Really pray you all feel peace and healing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I got to see my granddaughters this past weekend! And Julie, my prayers are with your dad and mom, my thoughts with you. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear he is reacting well to the chemo!! Prayers and love to you all!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)