5.02.2012

This one's for you Nato! #CoronaRita

This post brought to you by Chili’s Grill & Bar. All opinions are 100% mine.

When I was in college, my roommate was a hostess & waitress at Chili's.  Though I have many nice things to say about "Nato", one of the sweetest things she would do was to bring me a take-out container of tortilla chips and skillet queso.  YUM-O!  Now, when hubs and I leave "the farm" and drive somewhere with restaurants, I cross my fingers and toes hoping to find a Chilis... just for that appetizer!
Google Image Result for http___www.findthatlogo.com_wp-content_uploads_2011_07_chili-large-logo.jpg.jpg
Yes, there is NOTHING better than scarfing down skillet queso while retaping twinkle lights around your dorm room at 2am.  Anyone else have fond memories of trying to create a non-flourscent environment in their room while battling cinder blocks which repel all forms of adhesive?  PLUS, I'm a little finicky and insisted on taping EACH twinkle light so that they all pointed in the same direction...  There's a good reason why I've only had 3 non-relative roommates in my entire life (and I married one of them!).

Oh yes, Nato and I had a lot of fun!  We had a mini fridge stocked with hot dogs, pickels & strawberry daquiri WINE COOLERS.  We were the epitome of HIP college students :)  (for the record, I fell out of bed the first time I saw her snack on a hotdog and pickel at 10pm!  no, I was the HEALTHY roommate, chugging Mountain Dew and inhaling cheese puffs.  oh, my taste buds have come a loooong way.  my arteries and heart are so thankful!)

Now that we are older, wiser & classier, I'd LOVE to meet up with Nato and catch-up on the past way-too-many-years-since-we've-connected!  However, this time, I want to sit in a booth, each with our OWN appetizer of skillet queso and sip on a the perfect girls night out drink:  CoronaRita sm.jpg

Mmm, a CoronaRita at Chili's!  We've come a long way from those tasty wine coolers and hidden liquor cabinet amidst our sweaters!  Does this bring back memories for anyone else?

DISCLAIMER:  You must be 21 years or older to drink alcoholic beverages and as always, please remember to drink responsibly!
Visit Sponsor's Site

8 comments:

  1. You must be 21 to drink? Is that why you were "storing" your apple-flavored-whatevers in Mom and Dad's freezer when you were a teenager? To keep them until you turned 21? ;-)
    (Or was that your friend Jamie who did that as a joke to get you in trouble!?) I wonder if Mom and Dad believed that one!
    Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what you're referring too ;) I NEVER threw a party when they went out of town.

      and for the REAL record, I never drank while in High School... so I can hold my head-up and judge youngsters with no guilt ;)

      Delete
  2. PS- Weren't you 21 when you graduated from college still? Hmmm. Another point to ponder. What will your daughters think. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are WAY too observant ;) I plead the fifth... or is it "drink the fifth"?

      Delete
  3. Ahh, the memories. You had me at Day One when you picked up a centipede with your bare hands. I'm up for a trip to Butler, PA (apparently your closest Chili's?).... let me know when and I am there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it must be true love if you found out where the closest one is! That one wasn't there when I lived in Butler and every time I drive past it, I regal Jake with Nato tales!

      p.s. you shoulda seen the size of the spider I picked up during a choral rehearsal when the other Altos were scattering like sheep!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE CHILI'S!!! It's the 1 "name brand" restaurant I can get Mike to go to:) Now I'm hungry for chips and salsa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what you're saying is... TIME FOR ANOTHER GROUP DATE NIGHT!

      Delete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)