4.17.2012

WOOt WOOt

I haven't shared much of my "I wanna be a writer" journey on this blog. It's not a cut-and-dry journey. It takes time to seek writing opportunities, it takes time to write (though truth be told, it usually takes me 20 minutes to write and then 5 days to sit on it and decide that I like it), it takes patience to wait for feedback (like months and months). It's probably because I use words like "wanna" and "funner", but I feel like I've been hitting brick wall after brick wall.

Until today! One opportunity I stumbled upon last week just came back with this optimistic nugget: I’m reaching out to a small group of people I feel are the best fit for us based on your application. I received well over 150 applications for this position, and am now writing to about 10-15 of you. For now, it seems easiest for me to simply offer to hire you for a two blog post ‘test run’.

If this works out, I might get to join a (fabulous) mega blog.... and earn some funds for the flower garden landscaping I've been dreaming about :) I'll let you know when my trial run debuts!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! Wonderful start! "I'm proud of you, I'm proud of you....." (sung so well by yo' mama)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's outstanding!!! WAY TO GO!! Congrats. Can't wait to hear what the next step is!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)