3.20.2012

rebel moment

The other weekend, hubby and I had a rather impromptu date.  Our toddler decided that she wanted to go to Tymanda's house on "Fri" and lucky for us, they agreed.  It pays to have good friends!  Since we're one to ALWAYS take advantage of a good thing, we also left Heidi at their house... kinda a 2 for 1 deal :)

At dinner, Jake began a little peer pressure...and I caved.  Here's a clue:
photo credit:  the jolly roger theyoung
 Nope, it wasn't frizzy hair, ill-fitting glasses, or a totally stylin' baby in a backpack.  Look closer.  SCARY close!

pic credit:  jane anger from 30 before
See it?  Some call it my "silver nose booger" (thanks for teaching that to Hazel, Dad!)... it's a NOSE RING!  As a 30 yo, SAHM, I'm a little late to the party, but I'm lovin' my new accessory!  Jake told me that he thinks they're "hot" and I could use a little of that in my life!  Now on those days when I truly can't remember how many days it's been since I showered, I can think "I have a nose ring, I'm one hot mama!".

Plus, I brought joy to all the tattoo parlor groupies when I loudly declared myself "WAY TOO PRUDISH TO BE HERE".  It was sooo true :)

11 comments:

  1. OMG!! I LOVE it!! Fun!! I'm jealous... i should get Matt to dare me to get a tattoo! 30's the new 20, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Julie! You can definitely rock it! Looks great! I've been thinking of getting the monroe piercing...what do ya think?

    xoxo
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually learned what the monroe piercing is that night! I'm so hip! I think it'd look great on you!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty, Julie! :) You rebel, you! :) In all seriousness, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, girl! I was looking at Mandy's pictures from the weekend and I was like, hey, did I know Julie had her nose pierced? And then I came here, and my question was answered!
    I think it's pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I'm now convinced that EVERYONE should get one! Yup, I can picture one on everyone who has commented and it would look SOOOO good :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE it! I've considered one myself.. but right now I'm dreaming of some ink.

    So glad you commented on my blog and glad to have found you here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...now I really want to get a tattoo! I've been talking about it for a year, but I'm such a scaredey cat!!! But way to go you - you're one hip mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was magnetic when you come back from dinner with it. Now, I want one. No, I don't. Yes, I do. No. Yes. No. AHHH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everyone already thinks you have one... I've been asking around!

      Delete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)