Here's a quick recap:
- I had a disastrous experience at a favorite restaurant this weekend. The staff was very kind and promptly on Monday morning, the manager called me and fell over himself apologizing and fixing the situation (and my tooth). I don't want to give them bad press because it was a true freak accident... so this is all I'll say about the matter :)
- Hubby is obsessed with his Mountain Khaki Original Mountain Pants. We got him a pair about 4 years ago and they still look good (he rotates between 2-4 pairs of pants at a given time... so they get worn A LOT)! A few months ago, we splurged and got him 2 more pairs... he does wear them for work, but they run about $60 on sale (here's where I pretend that I spend less than that on my pants...shh...don't tell... us tall girls have to pay a premium for length). However, they SHRUNK! Now, my hubs likes his pants to be a tad short (sigh)... however, they finally got to him... who wants to feel a breeze on their ankles in February? Anyway, I wrote a positive, yet truthful review on the MK website, and just yesterday was contacted by customer service. It's still in the works, but it seems that they had a misfit batch recently and we might be part of that batch... which will be replaced!
- Speaking of MKO pants, before I knew about the above, I bought him a new pair at bigskycounty.com. I was supposed to receive 20% off, but didn't. Their customer service number didn't work, so I asked them about it on facebook. Not 3 hours later, I got a personal phone call and the problem was fixed!
- As you may know, I'm a little obsessed with my kitchen reno right now. Stage 1 is happening next week (new ceiling and painting cabinets)... so I will continue to be scarce in blogland. For my open cabinets, I want to line them with a cool yellow paper. I've scoured the web for yellow wrapping paper that would work... NOTHING! So, I asked Dana from Made, I don't know her, but read her blog and she is the Queen of YELLOW CHEVRONS. She didn't know where I could get them, but directed me to Lindsey, a true paper guru, who promptly replied with some really great ideas.
- Last week I was doing a Google search regarding writing for a magazine I receive, I couldn't find the info on their website, but found a blogger who wrote about being published in the current issue. I sent her an email and found a true internet soul mate! She's a librarian, has copper counter tops and mason jar lights!
- An old friend's (ok, ex-boyfriend's ;) dad contacted me to ask if he could send my girls a handmade wooden toy... uh YES!
- And finally, a new friend credits me for inspiring her to research (and fall in love with) home birth. She will be using the same midwife even :) She is so excited about her upcoming birth... quite a difference from how she felt after her last few preggo clinic and OBGYN visits.
Wow, someone needs to tell the news broadcasters and journalists that the world is a WONDERFUL place filled with AWESOME, KIND and GENEROUS people!
*post reflections: I HATE to complain, at least to people outside of my family. However, I'm getting much better with being positive and assertive. Next I'm gonna see if Bose has a fix to why my Bose stereo randomly changes channels, volume levels and most freakishly, turns on all by itself at random times! There's a fine line between "working the system" and working WITH companies. Like Johnny Cash, I WALK THE LINE, but I'm learning that a little kindness and honesty goes a long way!