2.17.2012

gorge then fast

Happy Friday friends!  In December, I shared a 2-minute informative Advent video.  While I don't want to preach to you, I do want to educate you.  Whether or not you're a Christian, your life is likely affected by the seasons of the church (I'm in America and referring to our majority religion, Christian churches) in some way.

I have a sneaking suspicion that many of the people celebrating FAT TUESDAY next week are not doing it in preparation for starting a fast.  Plus, rumor has it that the Mardi Gras celebration in New Orleans is more of a secular event, gasp ;)

If you live in my area of NWPA, join me on Tuesday at Good Hope Lutheran Church for a free FAT TUESDAY dinner.  There's something about the pancakes, eggs & sausage that they serve all day that is way more delicious than any breakfast foods I make!  Yum!  Leave a message if you want more info.  They're not gonna preach to you, just feed you :)

Without further ado, here's your 2-minute crash course on Lent.




I've never fasted for Lent, I'm thinking about it... I'll let you know what I decide!  I'm also gonna write an informative Catholic versus Lutheran post... simply because I was asked this recently and I'm the world's worst conversationalist!  I said something like:  "uh, Lutherans ummm don't pray to Mary or confess to their Pastor."  Major hand slap to head!  I like to think, reflect, write, think some more and THEN discuss... certainly counter productive in many ways :)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to hear the difference between Catholic and Lutheran/Christian faiths. I've always asked this, and pretty much got the same response about praying to Mary, haha. Although when it comes down to it, we all believe in God...so do dif. faiths really matter? Maybe so. I would love to be informed :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)