1.03.2012

viva la resolution

I don't do resolutions, but I do step back and evaluate.  Last year I had a baby, managed to not ignore my 2-year-old, enjoyed some good times with the hubby and shared many meals with friends & family.

It was a great year, but exhausting!

Now that my family is complete, it's time to nurture.  Making memories is something that can't be ignored.  Sure, my kids will be happy, loved and healthy if we just go through the motions every day... but each day will melt away in memory.  So this year, we are going to seek out new (free or cheap) adventures!  When my girls ask about the year they turned 1 & 3, I want to have some solid memories for them!

I am also looking into the future and though we're still a few years away from when I will return to work and they will start school, I need to keep myself "current".  If I go back to School Counseling, I can't simply coast for a few years and expect to be hired.  Nope, I need to join some professional organizations, read scholarly literature, seek relevant volunteer opportunities.  If I want the option of being a work-at-home writer instead, I need to TRY some real writing and seek publication.

Baby steps.  Twice a month, I will be leaving my comfy home filled with giggly girls and I will spend my Saturdays working on the above.  Luckily for me, my parents have an empty, beautiful, calming apartment with internet!  Yet another perk of living next door!

WISH ME LUCK (and wild success)!

3 comments:

  1. If I'm not mistaken, the American Counselors Association conference is in Hawaii, this year. We should go. In the name of staying current.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apartment sounds swell... address please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo true! And kind of funny, because I've noticed that it makes networking difficult for me (being as my product is an alcoholic container). If only the Catholics would start making a blogging appearance...I'd be set! Haha! Much love to the Catholics-it's all in fun and games!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)