12.28.2011

visual highlights

My heart is full.  Here are a few reasons why:

My quartet getting ready to go to the Christmas Eve service.  The pics with a flash look too bright and cold, this pic is fuzzy, but sparkling.


The girls were troopers to wear their super warm wool dresses for our not-so-cold Christmas.  They are truly all I want for every holiday from now until forever.  Who can resist this sweetness?
all I want for Christmas is my FIRST TOOTH!  (number 2 pushing through as I type)
As for the excitement of PRESENTS... WOW!  The ripple effect from over stimulation is still rockin' our boat.  It was actually upsetting to Hazel to receive so many wonderful presents because all she wanted to do was PLAY!  It took us an entire day to get through the gifts from Santa, parents, and one set of grandparents.


However, as you can see, the annoyance of having to focus on opening presents was minor compared to her complete glee over every new thing (though I have to admit, the whoopie cushion in her dad's stocking is Hazel's most played with gift).  Heidi also really enjoyed all the fun!  She's still having a blast crawling around the house exploring and picking out which toys to play with.  Currently she's neck deep in a basket full of all her new books!

As for me, I've enjoyed hosting Jake's mom and stepdad, his brother who made a super cool gift I'll feature later, three of my cousins and FINALLY... my sister, bro-in-law and NIECE from Alaska!  BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!
Hazel @ 29 months, Annie @ 15 months, Heidi @ 9 months
matching outfits compliments of their Grandma Llama.  I get my love of matchy-matchy honestly :)  Heidi was NOT enjoying this frosty photo shoot!

in general, I don't think my girls look much like their cousin... until I saw  this picture!  WOW!
This weekend, we'll share some Christmas and New Year celebrations with Jake's dad and stepmom.  I love stretching out holidays so the flame of excitement gets lots of time to warm our hearts.


oh, one more pic 'cause I just love these girls so SO SO much!

6 comments:

  1. Ah. Wonderful, Julie. A great holiday. A great life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Awesome red tights on you for Christmas Eve! Love it!

    2. It's hard to want to keep opening when the toy you have in your hands is so darn cool! Glad everyone was able to have an enjoyable Christmas Day. :)

    3. Despite the tears, I think the sled picture is fantastic. Bet the girls are very excited for some cousin time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, and I LOVE the pictures! All so wonderful:) Happy New Year's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures on the sled are TO DIE FOR. I want to come over and snuggle each of those darling little girls.

    You are definitely blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Full indeed, your heart has to be bursting from love... your girls (and fam) are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)