8.18.2011

unedited

I feel like I've been MIA from blogland.  It's not because I'm on vacation, but I have been busy soaking up all that summer has to offer!  Here's what's going on in my neck of the woods:

  • blackberry picking
  • blackberry everything baking
  • visiting with friends
  • prepping my life toddler curriculum for some toddler time in my very near future (some might call it babysitting)
  • swimming in pools and rivers
  • cooking as many fresh veggies as I can
  • watching the first 5 seasons of Bones (guilty!)
  • putting the finishing touches on Heidi's Birth Story (which will be published in the next issue of Natural Child Magazine!)
  • brainstorming possible foot-in-the-door ideas for my dream of being a children's writer... AND SUCCEEDING!  For now, that's all I'm gonna say 'cause there's still a lot of maybes and certainly nothing published...yet.  But soon, very soon, I hope to share with you something that's left me smiling all day...!
  • prepping (ie baking cookies) for one last summer HURRAH... another family reunion!  This time with Jake's mother's family... some of whom I've never met and many of whom I haven't seen since my wedding!  So excited to spend the weekend with family (and show off my girls!).

  • and finally, spending countless minutes watching my babies sleep.  Oh sweet baby.  I bet one look at this angel will make you smile too:
please excuse the bubble butt.  the small cloth diapers were all dirty and so she's wearing one of Hazel's folded down :)  
she doesn't mind one bit!  she still refuses the paci, but she's a champ at getting 1, 2 and often EIGHT fingers in that mouth!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so curious about your writing news! What a cute picture of Heidi. I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the perfect little inspiration pieces for a children's book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Heidi grow since I saw her last week?! She's so cute in that picture:) Also, please don't forget to let us bloggers know when your article is published, would love to read.

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)