5.28.2011

miss me?

If only I had a personal secretary who I could verbalize my posts to and she... or HE... would post them online.  In addition to neglecting my own writing, I haven't been reading blogs.  So I'm enjoying catching up this Saturday morning!

Why have I been such a slacker?  It's all Stieg Larsson's fault.  That guy could sure write a novel.  Wow.  I just finished "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and it was such a page turner.  I'm so impressed with how one brain can come up with such a complex story line.  When I was halfway through the novel, I couldn't phathom there still being much story left.  Plus, due to the norwegian names and words and his non-fluff writing, it took me way longer than normal to read this book.  However, the book is closed and I promise (my family) that I won't pick up another full-length novel for at least a week :)

I also just received my copy of the "Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market".  It's the textbook for my goal to BECOME A CHILDREN'S BOOK AUTHOR!  So exciting!  I've identified an untapped market (no I'm not telling you what it is), I've begun creating my characters and now it's time to do some serious writing.  Wish me luck :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck julie!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)