5.14.2011

hate to see you leave

...but love to watch you go!


Took this priceless pic while going on a walk with Hazel and photographing the glorious spring blooms.  (someone had a "potty" accident and instead of returning home, we simply continued our walk minus the wet undies and pants.  sorry future Haze, but admit it, this is an adorable pic!)  Ever notice how gorgeous dandelions are?

I didn't start this post to talk about spring, but might as well go with it.  We've had a warm... dare I say... HOT week!  After months of rain and gloom, I feel like a caterpillar breaking out of my cocoon.  This week we dined on asparagus and rhubarb picked hours before consumption from my father's garden.  Biting into such fresh food makes me want to sing from the rooftop.  My body has felt more energized and alert this week.  Perhaps it's because my peanut is past the 6-week mark.  Perhaps it's because I'm no longer running the tutoring center.  Perhaps it's because I'm finally cooking real meals and eating a healthier diet.  Or perhaps it's simply because part of me has been hibernating since October and has finally awoke!

Never one to let sleeping babies lie...

yes, I shamelessly thought of a way to sneak a picture of Heidi in :)

Time for me to go back to my original plan for this post:
Farewell to my cutesy bloggy background and hello to crisp, refined, uncluttered Kosker's Idlewild!  Last weekend I caught myself telling my brother-in-law how I really like WHITE SPACES.  They appeal to me and make me pause.  "Duh", I said silently to myself... time to redesign my blog!  However, redesigning a blog is a lot harder when one knows NOTHING about html or photoshop.  Enter an old college choir friend, Lindsay, who writes a fun blog entitled "A litttle Kloep".  She read my plea for help and within 24-hours, sent three headers to my inbox.  Wow!  Talk about the kindness and generosity of others!  Thanks Linz... don't know how you found the time, but I'll be looking for a way to PAY IT FORWARD :)

Do you like my new design or is it simply YAWN INSPIRING dull?

8 comments:

  1. I like the new look. Sometimes, less is more. We live in a world of information overload - too much to consume, with too little time to do it. I think the look fits your personality - simple, yet elegant. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute picture! I don't think older Hazel can fault you for taking this pic. I like the new header :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THESE PICTURES! Please- enter that bum picture. A magazine like "Country" eats pictures like that right on up. (Grandma used to have a subscription. . . Maybe she still does!)
    And - I "assume" that you haven't sent birth announcements yet, since I haven't gotten one. But if you're going to do it, that last picture of Heidi would be a perfect one! She looks like an angel- so perfect!
    Finally, I'm using the spring collage as my desktop. I love the red/green/ white combo.
    Nice work, Sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! Love it! I always prefer a clean crisp bloggy design over lots of columns and clutter. That's the tiny repressed designer in me I guess:)

    You're welcome on the header, it looks great up there and was no trouble at all! Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute tush! The blog looks so fresh and crisp...it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your space looks great!

    Both photos of your girls are adorable!

    So glad the weather has finally stayed warm! Winter/cold/rain was getting really old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable tooshie! I wish my tooshie was that cute :(

    As always, beautiful daughters and beautiful photos. Happy to hear Spring has sprung!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! I realized the same thing about my blog a few months ago. I asked myself, what was it I liked about the look of my favorite blogs? And I was surprised to see that a lot of them were based on a simple white background with a little color thrown in.
    Love the picture of Heidi sleeping!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)