5.31.2011

confessions of a mom

I laughed out loud the other day when I was reading an older issue of Good Housekeeping and a mom/writer/blogger/with her own GH column admitted that sometimes she vacuums the small Lego's.

That is SO totally something I would do... ONLY IF they can't easily be kicked under the couch!

My confession for today:  TOILET TRAINING A NOT-QUITE-2-YEAR-OLD.  What was I THINKING?  Oh, I laughingly told people that I would not have 2 in diapers.  No sir ee.  I would toilet train Hazel this winter.  Oh and how I've bragged about the ease in which Hazel has taken to the potty.  Oh how I cheered when those first drops hit the removable pot.  Oh how I rewarded when she began to go #2 in the potty. 

...
and then I realized that she is too young/uncoordinated to pull her own pants down

...
and then she spent days w/o pants on

...
and then there have been many many MANY accidents on my floor ("uh oh" is what she says over and over again until mama has everything scrubbed... or at least throws a towel over it)

...
and then she always has to go "pee pee"  when I'm feeding Heidi (yes, I can breastfeed while I pull down pants, wipe, flush & wash hands.  if Heidi has an eating disorder someday, it's totally because she spent her infancy eating in the bathroom.)

...
and then we taught her how to pee outside and she loves it... so she saves "some" almost every time she uses the potty, runs to the living room, and squats

...
AND THAT IS WHY I FREQUENTLY SAY "oh please just go in your diaper/undies".

yes, it's true, I BEG my toddler to go in her pants!  Beat that one mamas!

5 comments:

  1. :) :) :)


    I guess I never had to think about it, since mine were 3 & 1/2 years apart.

    When I read the line about the Legos the first time, I thought you were saying that someone was actually cleaning them that way. Then I got it. And yes, that is so totally something I would do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. after ten trips home from the neighborhood pool so that haven could go pee i finally started begging her to go in the hot tub (because it's gross anyway and i don't let them get in it). she wouldn't do it...but man did i try to convince her it would be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh!!! LTB, you WIN! Though I think it is brilliant, I mean, I'm sure the heat kills the grossness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie you are so funny! I love reading your blog! :)

    P.S. - I left you a little something on mine if you are interested :)

    http://therushfamily.blogspot.com/2011/05/spreading-sunshine.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think every single parent at some point thinks "is this really worth it?"

    Seriously. I've had moments where I think, "he could just stay in his diapers forever right? I mean, he'd only be a social outcast and I could be OK with that..."

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)