2.02.2011

Biggest work perk... SNOW DAYS!

We're on day TWO of SNOW DAYS!  Fortunately for me, I don't have to make-up these snow days like everyone else (since my gig is up at the end of the month), and I only lose about $40 of pay (I was to work 1/2 days and give a fairly large chunk of my earnings to my deserving babysitter).  So, these snow days are ALL FUN, no regrets in this house!  Well, except for the fact that I have FIVE Chinese immigrants in my tutoring center and had planned a rockin' Chinese New Year Party for today.  But I'm sure they won't mind celebrating next week!

Yesterday, I started what is to be our SNOW DAY TRADITION:  chocolate chip pancakes topped with peanut butter.  My dad swears this will only appeal to me when I'm pregnant, I think he's wrong.  However, when I deemed it a new tradition, I wasn't expecting 2 snow days in a row... So, I might have to let Hazel down gently today.  I KNOW... I'll explain to her that today is a freezing rain day, so not a snow day at all!

Yesterday I enjoyed an hour nap in the middle of the afternoon.  Low and behold, I was still FUNCTIONAL AND PLEASANT at 7:00.  I even scrubbed the bathroom floor.  Hubby about fell over when he saw me being functional, PRODUCTIVE, and pleasant so late in the day.  It felt SO good!  It's hard to take a nap when Hazel does because I lay there thinking of all the chores that I could do during that time (since I can work about 5x's faster without my adorable assistant).  Hard though it may be, I have a feeling I'll be able to force myself to nap again this afternoon!

Two great events of yesterdays snow day were that my midwife was able to visit ME (I love having all my prenatal appointments in MY house... never spend time driving or waiting!) during the day instead of in the evenings and then, with my free evening, I got to enjoy a family dinner in honor of my grandparents (oh how I LOVE to eat at restaurants!).

Other highlights of SNOW DAYS:  prefolds with wool pants are so super EASY, CHEAP, and WEATHER APPROPRIATE; I haven't pre-planned my time, so I'm free to play peek-a-boo, read, tickle, and chase all day; Hazel and I can spend a little time with my grandparents on their birthdays (yesterday my Gpa turned 90 and today my Gma turns 85); the disaster area we call a house is getting tidy... bit by bit... low expectations here; and my daughter and I are off the roads!

Now, does anyone have any SUPER EASY ideas about how to make a tu-tu?  I bought the fabric a few weeks ago and am feeling inspired today :)  (Ahem, in answer to Shane's question, the tu-tu is for Hazel!  Seems like she would enjoy one and she even says the word when we get to the tu-tu page in one of her picture books.  Eyes would fall out of sockets if this preggo pranced around in a tu-tu!)

5 comments:

  1. I am certainly jealous of your snow days! Possibly considering going back to school JUST to be a teacher!! HA! j/k, but a girl can dream :) Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the tutu for you or Hazel?

    I can't believe that your midwife makes housecalls. That's so awesome!

    Woolies in the winter are so snuggly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I make her a tutu? I already have collected the supplies. I only need to know the circumference of her waist!
    I have an easy way to do it. I'll e-mail you a link.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you enjoyed the snow day! I made a tutu last year...um, for me. It was a school program and I needed to be a princess. Anyways, I got tulle and a piece of elastic. You can just cut the tulle into strips and tie it onto the elastic. I was trying to figure out how to explain, but found a link that explains much better.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2072479_nosew-tutu.html

    I'm a little jealous of your snow day, not the snow, but the day off. Glad you are enjoying the time with your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like Marianne is making Hazel a tu-tu so maybe this fabric is meant for you! I have a feeling Hazel would LOVE to dance in tu-tu's with her momma;)

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)