1.10.2011

I'm proud of you

A very old, very dear friend of mine is facing the unimaginable... and my heart is literally sick.  I've known many people who have fought/ are fighting cancer, but this is the first time that it's struck someone my age.  I'm mad.  I'm helpless.  I'm scared.

Anyway, I'm proud of C because she is dealing with this in the most amazing way.  With HUMOR, POISE, and BRAINS.  Ok, this isn't out of character for her, but seriously!?  She started a blog for others to share this difficult journey with her: check it out:  The Funny Thing About Cancer.  That all being said, I'm sure there will be days when she needs to pour out her heart on it's not gonna all positive, but we can support her on the good days and the bad days with our prayers, comments, ____ (be creative).

Did I mention that she's pregnant?  Or that her husband is deployed?  Seriously.

Her motto is a quote from Bill Cosby:  "Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it."

4 comments:

  1. What a great attitude she has! And- she looks like a rock star with that new 'do.
    Good for her. My thoughts are with you, C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When a community lifts you up, fills you with prayer, you are closer to the heavens... will pray for her and check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your friend, I will keep her in my prayers! But I like her attitude, laughter is the best medicine, isn't that what people say?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jules. Seriously, I'll take all the support I can get and now I get to be part of your cool blog buddies that I stalk all the time :)

    Miss you tons. Lotsa love.

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)