11.09.2010

sweet 16!

It occurred to me late last night, that today I am 16 weeks pregnant and that Hazel is 16 months old! One of those things that I think are really neat and my husband can't understand why I'm even bothering to comment on :)

I'm thrilled to announce that the queasiness and all-encompassing fatigue have passed! I'm not energetic, but also don't need TWO naps a day just to make it till dinner. So glad I wasn't working full-time during the first trimester! Tonight is my first real appointment with our midwife. I'm SO excited. Last week I went to the women's clinic where I felt like herded cattle and the 2.3 seconds I spent with the Doctor left me feeling unimportant, uncherished, and ungoddess-like. Tonight when my midwife arrives at MY house and sits on my couch just to chat about everything pregnancy related that passes through my OR my husband head... I think I will feel important, cherished, and like a true pregnant goddess.

As I type, Hazel is standing next to my chair, her head on my leg, her hand pulling up my shirt to rub my side. It's aboslutely precious. She LOVES to show her belly and have it tickled and she also really LOVES pulling up mama and dada's shirts to peek a little skin. I love my 16 month old (who weighs 22 pounds and is just under the 50% for height and weight... quite a relief 'cause the girl eats CONSTANTLY!). It's too bad she won't remember this time in her life when our world revolved completely around her. Soon(ish) she'll be an older sister, but for now, she is my only baby and I'll read her board books 1000 times (per day) as long as she'll sit on my lap and snuggle!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Hazel is so good to her mamma. She's lucky to have you and I'm glad that she appreciates you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a good visit with your midwife. Can't believe 16 weeks already! (Glad you're feeling better, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you Julie! I can't wait to meet the newest Kosker baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's really cool!! I hope your meeting went well! I'm not surprised that Hazel is the appropriate weight... she runs constantly now!! I need some Hazel love!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)