10.11.2010

Do what you love

I've enjoyed my bloggy break, but I'm ready to once again chronicle the life of my family and the randomness of my musings. I love blogging and wish I had an Assistant who I could verbalize my blogs to throughout the day and let him/her post them. However, that's not reasonable and I'm looking forward to using this as an outlet/journal again! We've got to do the things we love!

Speaking of things we love... we've discovered Hazel's favorite activity.


Playing the PIANO! Of course, this makes this music-lovin' mama very happy! A few weeks ago, we moved our keyboard out of the guest room and into the living room so that I would be more inspired to play piano and sing... things I LOVE. However, Hazel rarely lets me at the keyboard. She absolutely LOVES to play! She loves to bang on the keys, change the instruments, dance to the demo setting, and my favorite... play the piano with one hand and her drum with the other. How she figured this out, I'll never know, but she often drags the drum over to the piano! Recently, we lowered the piano so that she doesn't have to wait for one of us to pick her up onto the bench or help her down (also because I heard her playing a WIDE range of notes and when I checked on her, discovered she was walking back and forth ON THE BENCH!). I'm shocked at the amount of time she will spend doing this. Her attention span has grown exponentially!

What thing or things do you love that you would like to find more time for?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. adorable! Love her shirt, love her gappy grin, love her blue eyes, love her chubby hands, love the fact that she's in love with music, and love Annie- a true musical classic!

    What a great post. I'm glad you're back in the blogosphere!

    This post has inspired me to do what I love. I'm going to go clean up my sewing corner right now and get creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play it sister... you'll have to teach her Turkey in the Straw. Hands down the worst song ever.

    Welcome back friend. You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is getting so big! And still absolutely adorable! I can't wait to hear her "play" piano and see you again soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel looks so excited to be playing the piano! She definitely has some Orris in her blood!! ;)

    I've been missing reading! I'm trying to make more of an effort to read when I can. I used to do it before bed but lately I've been so exhausted that I can barely get a page in before my eyelids are burning! The book list is growing!! I'm trying to make it more of a priority:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't believe how these pictures warm my heart :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)