5.06.2010

genetics can be scary

My mom sent me these photos this morning.  EVERY SINGLE PERSON who meets Hazel and also knows my father comments on their similarities.  I don't even think my mom realized that Hazel and my dad have the same facial expressions in every picture.  She didn't even snap a pic of Hazel making the trademark "Orris smile" (lips sealed and sucked in, corners turned up).  My favorite picture of them is the one in which my dad is simultaneously turning her head and pulling her pacifier out!

The bottom corner pic is of Hazel helping her Grandma O. organize the (scary) container cupboard.  They had a blast!  Why we ever buy real toys for Hazel is beyond me!  Grandma is currently healing from an ankle replacement surgery, so I'm not quite sure how she managed to babysit, but she did!  THANKS mom!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! She definitely has the Orris genes. And if she takes after your father in both personality and looks... GOOD LUCK WITH THE TEENAGE YEARS!

    So I was reading one of my other blogs and thought of you since you are one of the only people I know with a little baby girl. Have you put Babyleg leg warmers on Hazel? This was a neat way to make your own leg warmers for your baby :)

    http://married2military.blogspot.com/2010/05/5-minutes-to-ta-dah.html

    If you decide to use this crafty idea and post it on your blog (which you should) do I get another shout out? I feel so famous when my name is in print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww. I love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too...the pictures AND the subjects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA...these are hilarious! I love them :) and I love the book picture the most...they look really into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! Love the facial expressions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be it your dad or the milkman... she is a doll baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! TO funny! I love the many faces of Hazel and John:) I'm glad Hazel made herself useful while Grandma was watching her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, I love this post. I can't get over how much Hazel looks like your dad. I even had to show one of your posts to my dad when he was visiting because I couldn't get over how similar they looked!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)