3.03.2010

Marchin' in like a LION!



I've said it before and I'll say it again: My Lutherlyn friends just get it. They get me. They support me. They challenge me. I love them. Whether it's because they're Lutheran, they're outdoorsy (it is primarily a summer camp after all), or because the stars aligned when I met each of them, I'm not sure. However, I missed them when I moved away. And by "them", I'm referring to Shayne, one of my camp counselors; Deb, my first Unit Leader (in charge of the summer camp counselors); Amanda, my CAMPER; Leslie, the mother of my campers; Shannon, my cowoker/partner in crime (for real)... it would take me all night to list them all. Seriously, I have THAT many friends. I just wanted to point out that we are all friends, though our ages range from 23- 60+ (for the record none of the people I mentioned are 60 ;)

So, I'm following a challenge that was thrown out there by my Lutherlyn friends and some fellow bloggers. Real Food.

I'll be doing this for the month of March and so I'll let you know what "Real Food" means to me throughout the month.

For now, my real baby is BEGGING for some real food! Tonight she will dine on breastmilk and pureed food fresh from the kitchen! Wish us luck!

author's addition: After posting, I realized that I may have made it seem like my Lutherlyn friends are all female. Oh, the glorious Lutherlyn men... suffice to say that I am now related to TWO handsome fellows I met at Lutherlyn. Figure that one out ;)

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how this challenge goes for you! Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this challenge. Although I need make mine a modified real food challenge for now. I'm away from cooking in my own kitchen for most of March (and my life!!). I'll be considering creative ways to make sure I'm getting some REAL food! I can't believe how challenging this can be. Should be a no brainer!

    PS I'm so thankful for Lutherlyn friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you are back! Hope everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for pointing out that we aren't 60 yet... ;)

    I'm so glad you're in on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys are making me feel bad for eating a half-can of pringles in the last day or so... :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)