3.22.2010

la la la Life is Wonderful

Yesterday, I surprised my sister with my optimism.  Like most bloggers, I choose to post about the highlights of my life.  The lowlights I keep close to home.  Well, that's not completely true, I do like to share lowlights AFTER they've been surpassed and they've turned into highlights.  It's not that I don't want to be authentic on the internet, but I do think it's important to be a bit protective for the sake of my self and my sanity.  I know... you're remembering the time I wrote about YIs (that's shorthand for a girly health problem... Yup... you figured it out ;) 

With that being said, I will admit to having downer mornings lately.  By the afternoon, I've had enough Hazel and Jake time to be focusing on the bright side of life.  But the mornings...they're full of worry, stress, and a touch more worry.

So, this rainy morning, I want to shout from the rooftops that LIFE IS WONDERFUL!  I turned on my favorite Jack Johnson Pandora Radio Station to serenade Hazel and I during our breakfasts.  I haven't listened to the radio in MONTHS.  As we finished, the most glorious song came on and Hazel and I just HAD to dance around our new gorgeous house as the lyrics really hit home:

It takes a crane to build a crane
It takes two floors to make a story
It takes an egg to make a hen
It takes a hen to make an egg
There is no end to what I'm saying

It takes a thought to make a word
And it takes some words to make an action
It takes some work to make it work
It takes some good to make it hurt
It takes some bad for satisfaction

La la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life goes full circle
Ah la la la la la la life is wonderful
Al la la la la

It takes a night to make it dawn
And it takes a day to make you yawn brother
And it takes some old to make you young
It takes some cold to know the sun
It takes the one to have the other

And it takes no time to fall in love
But it takes you years to know what love is
It takes some fears to make you trust
It takes those tears to make it rust
It takes the dust to have it polished

Ha la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life goes full circle
Ah la la la la la la life is so full of
Ah la la la la la la life is so rough
Ah la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life goes full circle
Ah la la la la la la life is our love
Ah la la la la la

It takes some silence to make sound
It takes a loss before you found it
And it takes a road to go nowhere
It takes a toll to make you care
It takes a hole to make a mountain

Ah la la la la la la life is wonderful
Ah la la la la la la life goes full circle
Ha la la la la la life is wonderful
Ha la la la la la life is meaningful
Ha la la la la la life is wonderful
Ha la la la la la life it is...so... wonderful

It is so meaningful
It is so wonderful
It is meaningful
It is wonderful
It is meaningful
It goes full circle
Wonderful
Meaningful
Full circle
Wonderful

Artist:  Jason Mraz

4 comments:

  1. mmmm. good song. now i have to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute song! I'm glad to hear of your new found optimism:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THank you Julie. I needed this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite songs. I have the CD & enjoy his music. Catch the episode of him on Sesame Street singing a spoof off of one of his other songs, very cute & reminds me of a Mir song.

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)