1.08.2010

6 months... or a 1/2 YEAR!

Weight: 15 lbs, 3 ounces (5 lbs, 14 oz at birth)
Length: 25.5 inches (19" at birth)

Happy 1/2 Birthday Hazel Mari! UNBELIEVABLE! I know, I say that every month. But, a 1/2 year is a L O N G time. Should I keep using capitals so you know just how old she is?

Twas not that long ago when I was trying to pretend I had a preggo belly to flaunt when really, it was probably just my gut at this point last year. Now I have this interactive pile of joy to snuggle with. I am well aware of how wonderful my life is.

Last night marked the first time that Hazel followed a command. Or, that's what it seemed like. We would say "Kiss Mama" and Hazel would turn her head, tongue already in motion, mouth open, and cover my cheek/chin/lips with slime. She did it over and over again, but she hasn't done it this morning, so I'm wondering if it was just a fluke. 6 months seems a little young to be comprehending language to such an extent.

As you can see from the above photo, Hazel's new game is rolling. She's much better at going from her stomach to her back. When someone's paying her attention and laughing or clapping, she will do it over and over again as long as someone gives her a little push back onto her stomach.

It's also time to, gulp, *tear*, start her on solid foods. I have fallen in love with feeding her. I remember the first month when the feedings took 1/2 of my day (and night) and were overwhelming. Now, I don't want to give it up.

The other big milestones are her ability to get her foot in her mouth (YUM!) and her hand dexterity. Each week we've watched her use her fingers and palms more expertly.
*Photo notes: Does anyone know how I can manually arrange the pics on a Picassa collage? I had to hit shuffle one thousand times until her roll was in the right order. The gorgeous blanket she is lying on is another Aunt Marianne creation. Marianne just whipped that up once she saw Hazel's Pottery Barn bird/owl themed bedding. The stuffed owl is from PB, but the owl and monogram on the blanket is all Marianne! I can't stop staring at it's cuteness!

2 comments:

  1. Julie she is so beautiful!! I can't believe she old enough to roll over! She's getting so big! Once again it's confirmed that your money was well spent on that camera!!

    Marianne you are so talented! I love the bedding you made her it's super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Hazel!!!
    Julie, your photography skills are definitely improving! What a great set of pics! I love seeing her on that blanket- and it matches pretty well with that stuffed animal, huh? Amazing!

    I also love how photogenic Hazel is. She just looks right into that camera!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)