7.18.2009

the milk maid

I have now joined the rank of mothers from all species who wake up one morning to find that they are a milk factory. I couldn't imagine how breastfeeding would feel before Hazel came into this world. However, it's so natural that the instant she arrived, I held her to my breast and she's spent a huge portion of her life there ever since. I LOVE looking down and seeing her suckling. It's beautiful. Even better are the silly faces that she makes when she pauses or switches sides.


That brings me to what I really wanted to blog about. This week Jake bought Almond Milk for our cereal. It tastes good with cereal, but I'm completely baffled by it. All I can think as I'm eating is: "You can milk just about anything with nipples." "I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?" (quote from Meet the Parents). And then I think, but almonds DON'T have nipples, so what's really going on here?


Any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. All I know is that it brings the Almonds a lot of Almond Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to change your background, too! The little pea-in-a-pod has jumped out already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first read this I thought you were talking about Almond flavored milk! Good question I guess we could throw in soy milk, rice milk, etc. into this mystery....
    PS I'm glad to hear that breast feeding is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie...I see there's an elementary counseling job open at Keystone School District close to Knox PA !

    You guys look great with a Baby!

    Steve and Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL- I accidentally used this quote incorrectly once... and said, "I have nipples, could you milk me?" Which was met with an embarrased stare. But I admit I used the exact same logic on a coworker drinking rice milk. wierd.

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)