6.14.2009

The GREATest!

I was gonna write an email to my Great-Aunt Charlotte, but decided to post it on my blog because I think it's so awesome that she actually looks at my blog. I mean, how many retired people (that's the only reference to her age that I'll make, I'll just mention that her older sister, my Grandma, is in her mid-80s ;) ) do you know that can use computers, surf the web, and know what a BLOG is? Very cool. I plan to be like that someday!

G-Aunt Charlotte lives in this cute little community on an island near Pittsburgh. I always think of her when I think of IKEA because trips to IKEA often meant lunch dates with Aunt Charlotte since IKEA is so close to her home. Let's add it to the list of things I'm looking forward to by moving home! I truly didn't realize how I took for granted the time I was able to spend with my family members my whole life. Now that I don't get to see these important, fabulous people on regular intervals, I miss them SO much. (ok family members, that's as close as I'll ever get to admitting that I like family gatherings!)

Yesterday, my FIRST day of summer vacation, took me and 2 girl friends to IKEA. I knew that G-Aunt Charlotte wanted me to pick-out my own baby gift and so it seemed like a good idea to choose something from IKEA. Check-out this ADORABLE baby gym! It really fits with my goal of having wooden toys and it looks really nice sitting out all of the time (I'm not a huge fan of most of the baby gyms out there, but was almost ready to accept the fact that I would have a plastic overly baby-themed one in my house for the next year or more).

IKEA LEKA Baby Gym

So, THANK YOU G-Aunt Charlotte! (you will get a real Thank You note in the mail, I'm just averaging a 2-month delay in getting them out)

1 comment:

  1. i love this baby gym. sadly it came out too late for nash or haven to enjoy it. maybe i'll get it for number three. plus, it's so affordable compared to all that plastic lights & action crap out there. who needs that junk?!

    p.s. have you seen the toy kitchen that's coming out soon? it's so great!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)