3.27.2009

a high-heeled walk on the wild side

The guidebook calls this a "Portland institution"... I call it "men dressed as women gropping their fake breasts and lip-syncing". However, it was a HOOT(er)!

Darcelle (pictured below) is a 78-year-old man with 2 grandkids. He is super nice, sings proudly in his bass voice, and tells great jokes. My mother-in-law loves all things dealing with theater and enjoyed being picked on by Darcelle. I have a few pics of some of the other women (I think it's insulting to call them men, but it is quite confusing!), perhaps I'll post those another day to give you a few kicks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I want to see the other pics. I'm so jealous! This drag queen is SO much better than the one's I've seen. Though I'm glad that he's an obvious drag queen. I always feel so intimidated when they look so much hotter than me. (Which seems to happen enough. . . )

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)