Over the past year and a half, I've semi-followed David Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover" (that title is SO embarrassing) and I've studied the ideals of "Your Money or Your Life". I finally feel IN CONTROL of my money and yet I'm still seeking ways to improve and stretch my money. This is especially important for me in 2009, otherwise known as "the year of the baby" and unofficially known as "the year Julie thinks about starting life as a homemaker and thinks about moving across the country".
So my dear internet friends, what are the ways that you stretch your money?
I'll get us started:
- I reuse the q-tips that I use for make-up touch-up. Yup, I leave a dirty q-tip sitting on the sink and use it for days. That HAS to save at least a penny a month!
- I eat leftovers (since many people don't, I'm using this as one of my ideas).
- I don't pay for cable tv and instead count on internet tv and netflix for entertainment.
- I don't buy books. I borrow them from friends or borrow from the library.
- I don't shop for fun. This one is easy for me because I don't like shopping. However, every time I go to the mall or Target, I find things I NEED... so I just don't go!
- (your turn)