1.22.2009

what he doesn't know...

won't hurt him.

If you don't know my husband, let me fill you in a little bit. He is constantly active! Be it cooking, gardening, hunting, planning our next adventure, exploring, or talking to strangers he is literally the energizer bunny. He's interested in every subject and is only tired about 3 minutes before he actually goes to sleep. I think he may be an alien.

I, on the other hand, am a bit more subdued. He knows this and accepts it. In fact, during my daily veg time he is often very willing to deliver beverages and snacks. Incredible, right?

Well, due to our work schedules, I get a fair amount of alone time in the house. I have a weekend full of tv watching, pregnancy book reading, and internet surfing planned. He's aware of these semi-bad habits, but I don't think he has any idea what the true picture sometimes (often) looks like.

Tonight I am lounged on the couch, the computer is on my lap, a bag of sour gummy worms and a glass of water is next to me, and I'm catching up on trash tv (seriously, I'm watching old episodes of The Bachelor!).

I'm a little embarrassed, but confessions can be cleansing. Right?

p.s. I actually don't believe in confession- at least to anyone but God.

4 comments:

  1. I had a moment and just thought I'd click on your blog and see what you've been up to and find out "YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!!" I'm soooo excited for you guys! Very lucky baby!
    Your early-pregnancy symptoms sound much like mine. Don't feel guilty about any laziness, just remember what you're making and take it easy.
    Take care...I'm thinking of you!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand where you are coming from...I currently am on the couch too with a computer on my lap, a bag of potato chips at my side, and watching rock of love (which is very disgusting, filled with fake boobs and trashy women, but I cant stop watching)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congratulations. I am SO SO happy for you. I know that you are more than ready for a little one. We will have to get together and be 'cute' preggers! We are only a week apart...I think. I'm due August 12. What about you? I was going to call you but realized that I don't have your phone number. Oh, and we (meaning JP and I) love the bachelor-yes, JP does too! Go for the veg time girl, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh that sounds so nice right now! I have been nonstop since I moved back to Pittsburgh. I love lazy weekends filled with trashy tv, movies, books and magazines!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)