1.31.2009

Livin' It!

This year Jake and I haven't gone as many weekend adventures as we did last year. However, we still do better than the aver-er-age bear! Recently, we went on an easy 2-mile hike to a huge suspension bridge over a beautiful gorge in the Coast Range. I have yet to meet an Oregonian that has been to this bridge even though it is only about an hour and a half away from my house. It's so true how tourists see things that locals never do! Though I have a permanent address and place of employment, I really am more of a tourist than an Oregonian.


This weekend we borrowed two sets of snow shoes from a friend and had planned to go on an overnight backpacking trip (from our list of things we better do now 'cause we won't next year). However, after sleeping for 11 hours last night and enjoying a leisurely breakfast, we only have about 5 hours of daylight left. SO, maybe not this weekend... but soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're finally leaving the house! I think it's healthy for my niece/ nephew. :-)
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome that you are getting out and about like this, pregnant or not. You are right - people don't take advantage of the stuff around them. Good for you for looking at your home state with fresh eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)