12.15.2008


Christmas Gift Idea #4: money towards a trip HOME! It's a rare day when my hubby mentions missing his homeland. It's a combination of the snow (unusual for where we currently live) and the Holiday season that is making us miss our families. Luckily for me, my parents will be here in less than 2 weeks!!! YAY!!!
For those of you that feel generic give cold hard cash, my German-inspired sister is really creative when giving money. She will make stuff out of the money (origami), put it in a picture frame, etc.

Holiday Cheermeister Tip #4 (from the ACTUAL Holiday Cheermeister himself): Ok, it might be a little redneck, but truthfully they look GREAT! My earth lovin' hubby always picks up his and everyone else's shotgun shells when he is hunting and hiking. This year he made his own Christmas light creation:


(I knitted that hat for him for our very first Christmas together! He wears it every day from October to March.)

4 comments:

  1. We're inspired. Way to go, Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lights and might pass the idea on to my father:) Also I remember when you knitted that hat! I also remember that you had to learn how to knit that winter to fulfill that Christmas wish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. I'm just waiting for the blog!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! We got our own set of these lights. We love them and they look lovely. Thanks, Jake!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)