9.10.2008

Happy Birthday to me!


Today I turn 27! WOW! That sounds strange. 26 was close to half-way between 20 and 30. Now I'm solidly closer to 30. My thoughts might change in the future, but I am still at the point when I am happy about having an older age. I feel as though I'll get more respect when I'm done with my 20s. I also plan to have a family and own a house and land in my 30s. So, BRING IT ON 27--- I've been anxiously awaiting you!


27 things I love about my life:


  1. My hubby. I blog about him a lot, but I never describe the countless thoughtful things he does for me daily. Truly, he does at least one nice thing every day. He might think I don't notice, but I do! Yesterday he cleaned his desk, picked apples and pears for us, AND made the bed (which he almost always does anyway, but it still makes me happy to find a freshly made bed when I crawl in!).
  2. My family. We're not perfect, but we're pretty darn close to one of those happy, loving TV families! I try to not take it for granted.
  3. PICKEL. Despite her current fleas, she still brings joy to my life.
  4. Having a plethora of good friends.
  5. The new friends that I've made in Oregon. I have been so lucky to meet great people at work.
  6. Having an adventurous sister who I will get to see this year!
  7. Being able to afford mini-vacations/ adventures once or twice a month.
  8. Being able to walk, climb, swim, dance. My body is the only SUV I need!
  9. Knowing that my childhood home is still there- it's a nice security blanket.
  10. Knowing that Lutherlyn will always be around.
  11. Eating chocolate hazelnut in every form.
  12. The kids at my school. I'm so happy to see them every day!
  13. Having a lush garden and the roses that I enjoy tending.
  14. READING!
  15. Being able to play the piano and sing.
  16. Having a husband who willingly does the grocery shopping and cooking!
  17. Being married to my best friend and adventure guide.
  18. Being raised next-door to my Krumich grandparents. I feel so lucky to know them so well. Can't wait for their visit next month!
  19. Laughter. I have a lot of that in my life.
  20. My body. It's far from ideal, but it works for me!
  21. Having a lifestyle that allows me to indulge in the things that are important to me.
  22. Being raised in the technology age!
  23. Having 2 college degrees.
  24. Living in Oregon and planning my future in Pennsylvania. The best of both worlds!
  25. Being on-line. I heart the internet!
  26. Living in a world that encourages dreams.

  27. Having people in my life that care about me!

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday! i'm over halfway through 27, and it's been pretty good to me-i'm sure you'll survive just dandily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. julie, happy birthday from the eargle family! 27 is quite grand. we can't wait to see what it brings for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being 27! Loved your blog. I think it's going to be a good year:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Julie!!! (Sorry it's a day late - just saw your blog now - hope it was a great day)

    ReplyDelete
  5. like I was saying earlier... You're so wise: like a small Buddha. I can sense the wisdom that 27 glorious years has been good to you. Merry birthday! We're so glad you're our friend here in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)