8.24.2008

Revisit: Silent Song

It has come to my attention that I need to update and clarify a few things regarding the "Silent Song" posting.

1. Jake loves my voice when I'm not singing churchy/Broadway/Opera. Last night as I was babysitting Jackson, I began to sing a certain Johnny Cash song. Jake said, "That's it! That sounded awesome! See, I DO like your voice." He's been feeling a little upset about my claim that he doesn't like my voice (not to mention that his female coworkers have been razzing him about it- thanks ladies- I owe you one :)

2. As my sister pointed out- I have been a bridesmaid 6 times (last I checked I barely had that many friends!). Additionally, she pointed out that a lot of people do not want their friends "working" at their wedding, but enjoying and celebrating. So, that criteria is void... but I would like to sing at another wedding someday- once I master the Johnny Cash sound!

3. Finally, Elegantly Random paid me a compliment that was hugely flattering. See, she has an amazing voice and is quite a vocal technique expert- so her opinion means a lot. So, thanks Sarie- you lifted me out of my funk!

Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things not bad
Sing of happy not sad.
Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.
Sing, sing a song
Let the world sing along
Sing of love there could be
Sing for you and for me.
Sing, sing a song
Make it simple to last
Your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not
Good enough for anyone else to hear
Just sing, sing a song.

2 comments:

  1. Is it possible to read these lyrics without singing the song to oneself out loud? I don't think so!
    love you, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing voice? MOI?! Why thank you!!! Now I'm all flabbergasted, aw-shucks and smushy. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)