7.15.2008

When high fashion means painted breasts









Last Friday I got to experience the Oregon Country Fair. I had heard a few tales about this Hippie Fest, but nothing prepared me for the awesomeness of the Fair! It is a HUGE event that focuses on individuality, global awareness, music appreciation, fair-trade goods, and diversity. I already can't wait for next year! This year I wore Patagonia, next year I plan to wear a sundress that my mom made in the 70's when she lived in Saudi Arabia :) However, even in my yuppie attire (that I bought on a HUGE sale, of course!), I felt FREE (and not just because I was using climbing tape as a bra). People were so accepting and focused on pure enjoyment that you didn't feel self-conscious of your gut or your clothes... that is a rarity in life, eh? Plus, there was SO much good music and food. If only the fair lasted longer than 3 days! Here are a few pics to give you a glimpse of this event.

1 comment:

  1. That festival was awesome! It was nice to feel free in our bodies! Maybe next year you should paint your breasts:) I'm glad we went!

    ReplyDelete

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)