7.16.2008

And we're off!


In less than 12 hours Jake and I head off on our official summer vacation :) We are SO excited! We will be kayaking in the San Juan Islands in NW Washington for 4 days and then maybe explore Seattle (or Mt. St. Helens, or come home, or see where the wind blows- we don't work till the following Thursday and our cat and garden are being cared for by a nice neighbor). I'm a tiny bit nervous since I am not a skilled kayaker, but we will get some training from our outfitter before we kick-off. For 2 of the nights we will be camping at camp grounds that are only available to human or wind powered boats- how cool! Everyone talks about how the San Juans are one of the most beautiful places in the US.... I'll let you know! As I'm packing and organizing food, I've realized that this is basically a backpacking trip, but the fact that it will be in kayaks feels exotic to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I L.O.V.E. comments! Thanks for taking a walk on the (koskersidle)WILD side :)